There is something truly magical and wonderful about this time of year. Twinkling lights, joyful music, and yes – even ugly sweaters, are delightful reminders of a season of thanksgiving and celebration. Apart from the hustle and bustle, it is also a time to look back on the year that was and rejoice with friends and family.
Hannah Solar enjoyed renewed success in 2022 and much of our growth and prosperity can be traced back to our wonderful clients, solid vendor partnerships, and especially the hard work of our dedicated employees. As the year draws to a close, we would like to thank you all for believing in us and for supporting our desire to be the best in the business!
Before we sign off, we thought it would be fun to share some random holiday trivia with you. Enjoy!
- The busiest shopping days of the year are the 2 days before Christmas
- 1 in 3 men wait until Christmas Eve to do their shopping
- Artificial Christmas trees were once made of goose feathers
- In some cultures, the last thing hung on a tree is a pickle
- Home Alone is the highest grossing Christmas movie of all time
- The word mistletoe is translated to “Dung on a Twig”
- During the holiday season, it is estimated that 28 Lego sets are sold every second
- People in Japan eat KFC as their traditional Christmas meal
- In 1914, during World War I, opposing forces of British and German soldiers exchanged gifts in a neutral area of the battlefield, played football, and decorated their shelters
- During World War II, the Bicycle Playing Card Company sent cards to POWs in Germany. The cards were printed with hidden escape routes that were only visible when they were wet.
- The original reindeer names for Donner and Blitzen was “Dunder” and “Blixem” – which is Dutch for “thunder and lightning”
- And lastly – Scientists have calculated that Santa Clause would have to travel at a speed of nearly 5 million miles per hour (He must have an EV!!!)
Wishing you peace, joy, and prosperity throughout the coming year!!!